SOCK-IT-TO-ME CAKE (box cake base)
1 (18.25 Ounce) packaged butter cake mix
3 tbs. of dark or light brown sugar
3 tbs. of cinnamon
1 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
1 (5.9 Ounce) package instant vanilla or white chocolate pudding mix
1 cup (8 Ounce) sour cream
4 Lg. Eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup of oil
1/2 cup vanilla or cream cheese frosting (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and flour 10-inch Bundt or tube pan.
2. Combine 2 tablespoons of dry cake mix, brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans in medium bowl; set aside.
3. Combine remaining cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, sugar, milk and oil in large bowl. Beat with an
electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes scrape down sides and continue to mix for another 3 minutes.
4. Pour 2/3 of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with pecan mixture. Spoon the remaining batter evenly over
5. Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Cool cake on wire rack 25 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely.
7. Place frosting in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High 10 to 15 seconds; stir until smooth. Drizzle over
Enjoy and remember a slice a day keeps stress away!
DEE”THE CAKE LADY” I am Dee, owner of “Sweets By Dee” creating unique and different cakes (sweets) is my passion. I was blessed with a talent and have decided to swim with the currents of what has been given to me by the creator himself. My training began with a simple cake creation over ten years ago and I was hooked immediately!
Baking has always been a love of mine and I have been baking for friends and family for years. If it’s a Birthday, Graduation, Thanksgiving, Christmas or just because, my creations are usually a part of the celebration.
My baking will give you a taste of that home-baked goodness your grandmother introduced you to as a child. I will bring it all back to memory. Subsequently, baking and cake-creating became my passion; I truly love the creative process as well as the challenge of making an idea come to life. Extra attention to detail and quality of taste sets an extraordinary cake apart from the ordinary. I am affectionately called “The Cake Lady” and I have to say the name is very fitting. I thank my creator for blessing me with an ability to make great tasting cakes, cookies, pies, cheesecakes…well, you get the picture.
Please forgive me I am new to the world of blogging however, I truly love my sweets world and I think you may just enjoy taking a tour into my world so buckle up and enjoy the tour. Welcome to a day (today) in my world today is a very easy day for me some days are not as easy or should I say relaxing as today so here we go four doz of the tasty Pretzel Brownies with White Chocolate/Dark Chocolate Drizzles, three Guinness Cakes with Glaze For Dipping and two Strawberry Shortcakes would you like to see the end results…sure you would pure yumminess so guys leave me your comments and let me know how I am doing thus far and more to come. Oh, be on the look out for recipes and maybe just maybe tutorials and be kind this is my very first blog.